How I Wear It: Bodysuits

The answer is confidence. That is how I wear bodysuits. Bodysuits make me vulnerable as they highlight both flattering and unflattering parts of my body. I feel completely transparent in bodysuits. Ironically, I am the most confident when I am vulnerable because that is when I feel free.

Initially, I didn't plan on writing a post about this particular outfit because, as you can see, it's quite risqué. Some may say that I look like I'm trying too hard to gain attention. Some may say that I look like I'm insecure. Some may say that I look like I'm asking for "it." And for those reasons, I am writing this post to address those judgmental looks that I get when I wear bodysuits.

First of all, believe it or not, I am not trying to gain attention with this outfit from anyone but myself. I am not seeking for compliments with this outfit because there is no need for compliments when I am already complimenting myself. I feel beautiful in bodysuits. They hug me in all of the right places. They tuck in my muffin top. They help me channel my sultry side that I didn't even know existed in the first place. I feel beautiful in bodysuits. I rarely feel that way about myself, so I take full advantage of that feeling when it happens. I wear bodysuits to gain my own attention.

On the contrary to what people may generally think about those who wear risqué clothes, the act actually requires one to be as secure with one's body as possible. I mean, I am exposing my whole body's silhouette when I wear bodysuits, and that requires me to use every ounce of security in my body to own it. And once I own it, the confidence just oozes out of me and that feeling is liberating, especially for a timid gal like myself.

Lastly, I am asking for nothing with this outfit... just like any outfit that I wear. That is because not everything is about [you]. Everything that I wear is for myself as I use clothing to express myself. It is not a subliminal message or an invitation of any sort made out to [you]. It's my body. It's my canvas. It's my being. I don't understand why people feel like they have the right to tell me what to do/wear with MY body, MY canvas, and MY being.

/endrant

I was watching "Never Been Kissed" the other day, and the script at this scene really hit me:

"All the world´s a stage,...and all the men and women, merely players." Does anyone know what Shakespeare meant by that? Anyone? It´s about disguise. About playing a part. And that´s the theme of "As You Like It." Now, does anyone know where we can see this?

Well, Rosalind disguises herself as a man,...and then she escapes into the forest.

Right. And it´s when she´s in costume...that she can finally express her love for Orlando. See, the point Shakespeare is trying to make...is that when we're in disguise, we feel freer. We do things we wouldn´t do in ordinary life. See, disguise changes all the rules.

I disguise myself as a sultry and confident person when I wear bodysuits, but ironically, that is when I am the most exposed and vulnerable. That is also when I feel the most free.

Cut-Out Bodysuit--Windsor: ~$37
Forever 21 Maxi Skirt--F21: $10
Total: $37, PPW (Price Per Wear): ~$15

My Ten Cents #44: Don't you dare feel guilty for looking and feeling beautiful. You have every right to feel like so.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I was speechless (in a good way) when I saw your post! Keep it up you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

 

Meet The Author

My photo
Growing up, I spent most of my time going on scavenger hunts with my mother from thrift stores to garage sales in search for something fab for practically ten cents. Now that I am a broke college student, I'm putting what I learned as a child back into practice and I would love to share my ten cents with you.

My Ten Cents Vocabulary

Price Per Wear (PPW): The cost break-down for a garment depending on the amount of wear it has. If a piece of clothing cost you $5 and you wear it 5 times, then it cost you a dollar each time you wear it; however, the more you wear it, the "cheaper" it gets.
#SSP: a developing project that uses culture as an outlet

Influenster