Haul: Rue 21 Bandeau VS. Bralette

I went on a mini shopping haul yesterday with the intention of buying a couple of bandeaus because I want to diy some crop tops for summer; however, I have never been a big fan of bandeaus with this season's hype. I don't quite understand how you wear it without making it look like you are wearing a bra out in the open, so I only feel comfortable with it used as an alternative to another undergarment. As I was shopping for them at Rue 21 Outlet, I came across another alternative called the bralette. To be honest, I had no idea what that was before some research; it looks like a bandeau with straps. It was only 2 bucks each since it was on clearance, so without hesitation, I gave it a try. I realized why I never liked bandeaus...as you learned before, I am flat-chested, so I don't fit into anything like tube tops well. This bralette thing, however, was more comfortable and cheaper! I guess I just joined the bralette-band wagon.
Yay or nay? I kind of like how edgy and rebellious this look is...pwahaha. Pairing it with a girly lace crop top definitely makes me look like bad-a. Real talk though, what's your thoughts on it? At this point, it seems like it's a necessity in every girl's closet. Is it too scandalous for your cup of tea? Fellas, does this make a girl look...uhh, not classy? I'm honestly curious.
Aeropostale crop top--Aeropostale Outlets: $7
Rue 21 black bralette--Rue 21: $2
Guess skirt--Garage Sale: $1
Black belt--Rummage Sale: practically FREE
Charles black wedges--Garage Sale: $1
Dooney & Bourke handbag--Momma's closet (purchased at Garage Sale): FREE
Total: $11, Price Per Wear (PPW): ~$5

My ten cents #19: Although I wish there is a fine line of what is appropriate in respect to fashion, there isn't. When looking at the runways of Fashion Week, that line is beyond blurry. My best advice here would be to wear whatever you feel comfortable with because it's your body at the end of the day; however, don't expect people to feel the same way.

2 comments:

  1. A different style of clothing, but you pull it off well. :) BTW. The wedges look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. High waisted shorts might look better!

    ReplyDelete

 

Meet The Author

My photo
Growing up, I spent most of my time going on scavenger hunts with my mother from thrift stores to garage sales in search for something fab for practically ten cents. Now that I am a broke college student, I'm putting what I learned as a child back into practice and I would love to share my ten cents with you.

My Ten Cents Vocabulary

Price Per Wear (PPW): The cost break-down for a garment depending on the amount of wear it has. If a piece of clothing cost you $5 and you wear it 5 times, then it cost you a dollar each time you wear it; however, the more you wear it, the "cheaper" it gets.
#SSP: a developing project that uses culture as an outlet

Influenster