032813: Tender Thursday

Here's the 3rd-post-in-a-row that I promised you! I was going to let this post slide, but my guilty conscience made sure I posted something; therefore, I'm taking this opportunity to flaunt some of my buys from yesterday. Being from where I'm from, there isn't much to do but eat, sleep, shop, and walk around Target, so I did just that yesterday with some friends. We went to so many places that we lost count, but I was able to score a little something-something at Ross and Goodwill.
If you haven't noticed yet, I am in love with polka dots. I so dig the retro feel. I kind of wish I lived in the past eras because the fashion then was way too cool. Thank goodness, old trends are coming back. Hey, isn't fashion timeless anyways? I am also in love with pleated skirts; in fact, I just bought another one that I'm picking up on Monday. They are so flattering and comfortable. With this one being mint, it was practically yelling out my name because I love pastel colors.
  Grey cardigan--Garage Sale: $0.25
Forever 21 polka dot ruffle top--Goodwill: $2
Mint pleated skirt--Ross: $11
Black pointed heels--Community rummage sale: $1
Dooney & Bourke handbag--Momma's closet (purchased at Garage Sale): FREE
Total: $14.25, Price Per Wear (PPW): ~$4

My ten cents #11: Experimenting new trends is good, but don't lose sight of who you are. Corny, I know, but I believe this is important. People go through phases and try different trends; some people change just to fit in with the crowd. What I love about fashion is that it is a different outlet to express yourself artistically. Through this blog, I started to develop a clearer perception of my style. Even though the current trends revolve around edgy fabric like leather and crazy platform shoes, I'm not falling into the trap...unless the leather fabric has a floral print or the platform shoes are ridiculously girly. Learning more about my taste in style is like learning more about myself as a person, and I love that feeling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

My photo
Growing up, I spent most of my time going on scavenger hunts with my mother from thrift stores to garage sales in search for something fab for practically ten cents. Now that I am a broke college student, I'm putting what I learned as a child back into practice and I would love to share my ten cents with you.

My Ten Cents Vocabulary

Price Per Wear (PPW): The cost break-down for a garment depending on the amount of wear it has. If a piece of clothing cost you $5 and you wear it 5 times, then it cost you a dollar each time you wear it; however, the more you wear it, the "cheaper" it gets.
#SSP: a developing project that uses culture as an outlet

Influenster