Monthly Favorites: January


Hello, my loves! I know it's the middle of February, but I'm here with January's monthly favorites! I thought monthly favorites posts would be a good way to be relatively consistent and I can embed in hauls and first impressions here and there. I love the idea of being a "scientist" and conducting these personal "experiments." Through questions followed by observations via results, these are my conclusions!
 
For the month of January, I spent most of my time and money playing with make-up and music. I'm always looking for new music, so that aspect isn't new. (If you have any music suggestions, then please hook ya girl up!) In contrast, I didn't expect to experiment with make-up as much as I did. Unfortunately, I left my whole make-up bag elsewhere during the holidays, so I've been replenishing my stash ever since. I seized the opportunity to try new products, and I'm super excited to share them with you!
 
NYX Cosmetics' HD Studio Photogenic Primer Base: $16.99

This product has been my substitute for Urban Decay's all-nighter setting spray. Surprisingly, this product received extremely bad reviews on Ulta, but I love it! I heard about it from Em Ford of "My Pale Skin Blog," so I thought I should give it a try. It keeps my make-up in check as it has a mattifying effect. Most importantly, it looks great on camera, which is a huge plus for a blogger like yours truly.

NYX Cosmetics' Studio Finishing Powder Translucent Finish: $9.99
If you would like an even more flawless look, then this product along with the primer base will do just that! I love this product for what it does to my oils. It absolutely keeps them on lock down, given that I'm naturally oily around my T-Zone.

Stila Cosmetics' Waterproof Eyeliner: $22


I think I have found my holy grail eyeliner! Oh my goodness, this product is amazing; it gives me such precision for a good 'ol cat eye look. Thanks to my friend, Laura, for buying it on my behalf! With this product, I no longer need tape to line a template. Love love love this so much!

Estee Lauder's Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara (travel size): $10
 
I actually received this item for free as a gift with a purchase. I didn't expect to love this product as much as I do. I do not wear falsies, so I love how full this product makes my lashes look. With a couple of coats, I'm pretty much good to go! I also love how this product is travel size; it makes the application process so much easier.
 
NYX Cosmetics' Liquid Suede Lip Cream in Soft Spoken: $6.99
This has been my go-to lip product since I've purchased it. For one, it's super matte, and I mean SUPER matte. Within a few seconds, the product dries on my lips and stays on for hours! Even with a lot of eating action (and some kissing action), it stays as is. Secondly, the color, Soft Spoken, is absolutely gorgeous. If you are not into bold red nor muted taupe shades, then I would recommend this color!

2 comments:

  1. I love the NYX translucent powder. I'll have to try the primer too! I use the NYX tea tree oil primer at the moment but I don't think it's that special. Looking for something a little better that won't break me out for day to day wear. I save my Benefit Porefessional and Urban Decay for when I'm going out. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina! I would love to know what you think about it! Also, how do you like Benefit's primer? Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete

 

Meet The Author

My photo
Growing up, I spent most of my time going on scavenger hunts with my mother from thrift stores to garage sales in search for something fab for practically ten cents. Now that I am a broke college student, I'm putting what I learned as a child back into practice and I would love to share my ten cents with you.

My Ten Cents Vocabulary

Price Per Wear (PPW): The cost break-down for a garment depending on the amount of wear it has. If a piece of clothing cost you $5 and you wear it 5 times, then it cost you a dollar each time you wear it; however, the more you wear it, the "cheaper" it gets.
#SSP: a developing project that uses culture as an outlet

Influenster