082114:Take-me-back-to-the-broken-heart-tour-please Thursday

Our meet-and-greet photo with Rixton: OMG, I see you (and your hand), Charley! Hehehe. ;)
I hope y'all are ready for this super duper long post about my amazing experience at Slim's on Thursday where I met Rixton and indulged in their raw talent! From OOTD/OOTN, interactions with fans, thoughts on the venue to the itty bitty details that I will forever remember- I am ready whenever you are!

I'll start with a little background with the group and I. I randomly heard "Me and My Broken Heart" on the radio on my way to the thrift store. Half way through the song, I found myself dancing in my seat as if I've been jamming to it for weeks; the chorus is ridiculously chatty. When I got home, I checked them out and listened to all of their covers and originals. I was hooked. I watched various interviews and their segment on The Platform. Not only are they ohhh so cute and British, but they are so down to Earth and sweet! I quickly formed a fondness for Charley (who's on the far left in the picture above) and Jake (who's on the far right in the picture above); however, Danny and Lewi are just as lovely.

When I found out that they were having a tour and one of the locations is in San Francisco, I totally seized the opportunity without thinking of how I am terrified by the idea of driving there. The ticket to see them was $20.50 and the meet-and-greet portion was $20. I haven't been to many concerts, but this is the cheapest one so far and I don't remember having this much fun in such a long time! I mean, I woke up the next day feeling sore due to all of that dancing I did at the concert. SO WORTH IT. I literally let myself go and enjoy the moment.

Bebe Jumpsuit with cut-outs--thredUP: ($20-ish) FREE with referral credit
Forever 21 cut-out boots--Forever 21: $12.50
Quilted crossbody--Garage Sale: $2
Total: $14.50, Price Per Wear (PPW): ~$6 
OOTD/OOTN: Ahhh, concert outfits and I have a love-hate relationship. The most important thing about concert outfits is that you need to feel ridiculously comfortable in what you wear that day. However, I do not want to sacrifice style for comfort if I can have both. I initially paired my kimono dress with my trusty white denim pants; however, it became a hassle to keep it structured in a flattering silhouette. Furthermore, the likelihood of getting the dress stepped on or dirty was high. At the very last minute, I swapped out my outfit for this simple one-piece ensemble. Not only did it camouflage the bumps that needed some hiding, but it also emphasized the bumps that I needed... if y'all catch my drift. Hehehe. Another rule of thumb is to wear closed-toes shoes. I am speaking from personal experience because before the concert even started, a fellow fan stepped on my foot as she was practicing a dance move of some sort. As for handbags, stick with something small enough that won't be in the way when you are dancing, but big enough to carry a bottle of water (Slim's provides bottles of water for sharing, but I think that's unsanitary since I don't know where people's mouths have been... bring your own water if you are a clean freak like yours truly). I don't know if it's just me, but there was a unspoken agreement among the fans that there is absolutely no personal space. It freaked me out at the beginning because I wasn't used to it (One Direction's concert had chairs at the Oracle and I stood in front of the balcony-area during a Fitz and the Tantrum concert at Fox Theatre), but I guess it's part of the experience! Ultimately, wear something that won't hinder a full on experience.

HAIR+MAKE-UP: I wanted to do something spicy with my hair like curling it, but I know my hair plus a wee bit of sweat (from dancing) would unravel the curls, so I kept my naturally straight hair. I added in some treatment to keep my hair soft and fabulous. Easy peasy. As for make-up, however, it was a different story. I am an absolute noob when it comes to make-up. It is not my forte and it will probably never be. I must thank a couple of products for making the process a bit easier for me and they are now my holy grails. After moisturizing my skin and all of that good stuff, I started with Urban Decay's All Nighter: Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray followed by Urban Decay's Naked Skin Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup. Urban Decay really surprised me with how natural it made me look. I've been getting a lot of compliments with it and it feels amazing on my skin. I definitely recommend their line if you are at all interested! Eyebrows, eyebrows, eyebrows... you oddly shaped creatures. Apparently the tails of my eyebrows are completely missing, so I've been using the eyebrow kit from E.L.F in medium and E.L.F. eyebrow gel to fill them in. I can say that I am addicted to these products. They define my eyebrows and now, my eyebrows can finally frame my face. As for eyes, I skipped eye shadow because I had a lot of things going on my face, but Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara is all I needed to have wannabe falsies. My favorite lip product at the moment is Maybelline's Baby Lips Dr. Rescue in Soothing Sorbet. I love love love my lipsticks, but this line of Baby Lips is tinted perfectly! For a stronger shade, I added a thin layer of one of my Revlon lipsticks.

Forever 21 Plaid button up with shoulder cutouts--Forever 21
Forever 21 navy skater/circle skirt--Forever 21
Forever 21 opaque tights--Forever 21
Steve Madden combat boots--DSW
Shout-out to my cutie patootie friend, Ramandeep! Thank you so much for being down for a good time! I couldn't image that day without you. :') AND HOW CUTE IS HER OUTFIT?!

Okaaaay, now to the good stuff. We bought the VIP package which included sound check, Q&A, and meet-and-greet (more like a quick picture), in that exact order. Rixton sounded just like their recordings, if not better! I was thoroughly surprised of how great they are live. As artists and entertainers, they really know how to interact with their fans. I immediately felt comfortable around them, which definitely helped with the meet-and-greet portion. Even though I was extremely nervous, I wasn't starstuck. Like I said, the meet-and-greet was more like a quick photo op. I felt really rushed, but I wanted to take it all in as well. All I remember was putting my bag on the floor and running (or walking quickly) towards Charley and Danny since Ramandeep was between Lewi and Jake already. Charley said something about me looking (and feeling) excited, and boy was he right! Hahaha. After their manager (?) took the picture, Charley ever so slightly turned to me and said, "Hi," with the biggest smile followed by words that I don't remember. I totally got lost in his eyes and just said, "Hi," and walked away. Gah, now I feel dumb. Did I mention the fact that he was rubbing my back this whole time?! YES. I am so sorry Danny, but Charley had me at hello. That smile though.

Our initial reactions after meeting the boyzzzz.
After the meet-and-greet, we were back outside of the venue to wait for the show to begin. You can imagine the fangirling that was happenin' around us. LOL.

Shoutout to SF's 99.7 FM [NOW!]
OPENING ACTS: The very first act was by a brother and sister duo, Michael and Marisa. I immediately fell in love with them and now, I'm patiently waiting for their album to come out. They mixed electronic with indie pop, so it was up my alley. I would not be surprised if they become more well-known in the future. The second act was by a rapper named T. Mills. I never heard of him before, but he had quite the fan base there. Although his music isn't my cup of tea, he really knows how to pump up a crowd. I couldn't help but dance my little butt off while saving some energy for Rixton.

As for the show itself, all I can say is that it was magical. They literally took me out of my stress and worries and that feeling is incredible and really hard to explain. I didn't take many pictures throughout the show because I wanted to experience it wholeheartedly, but this is my favorite shot of the night, and to top it off, Jake liked and commented on the same photo on my Instagram. #fangirling

If Rixton ever reads this (in my dreams), then I just wanted to say, "Thank you for sharing your passion and gift with me and the crowd."

I hope to see them again in the future, and I would buy another ticket in a heartbeat. If given the opportunity, I wouldn't mind visiting Slim's again because I loved the intimate vibe. Although the poles up in the front blocked my view of Charley, I appreciated Jake's dirty dancing. Hehehe.
Signing out with the last selfie of that night; am I attractive or whaaa?
My ten cents #37: Seize life. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

My photo
Growing up, I spent most of my time going on scavenger hunts with my mother from thrift stores to garage sales in search for something fab for practically ten cents. Now that I am a broke college student, I'm putting what I learned as a child back into practice and I would love to share my ten cents with you.

My Ten Cents Vocabulary

Price Per Wear (PPW): The cost break-down for a garment depending on the amount of wear it has. If a piece of clothing cost you $5 and you wear it 5 times, then it cost you a dollar each time you wear it; however, the more you wear it, the "cheaper" it gets.
#SSP: a developing project that uses culture as an outlet

Influenster