020813: Fab Friday

It felt like a Lands' End-type-of-day. As you all know, I love layering and here is my simple approach to a sophisticated look with a dash of girlyness. Just for clarification, the PPW of this outfit is a wee bit more than usual because I paired it up with this specific crossbody. This crossbody holds a special place in my heart because of the story behind it. To sum it up short and sweet, my mother pushed me to buy it and for those who know my mom, I definitely got my frugal personality from her; however, she thought I deserved it. We are not fortunate enough to splurge on a lot of things, but when it's affordable, my mom wants the best for me. <3

 Adding a little "pop" into an outfit really makes a difference. In this case, the lace and bows are the little "pops." The lace trend has been one of my favorites! It's classy and really fun.

Lands' End navy blazer--Garage Sale: $0.50
Lands' End blue button up--Thrift Town: $3
DKNY grey cropped long sleeve--I honestly don't know where
 and how much I got this for. I just found it in my closet...
BEBE black denim pants--Aunt's closet: FREE
Fioni black lace mini heels with bows--Ecothrift: $3
Dooney & Bourke crossbody--Garage Sale: $30
Necklace--Garage Sale: $1.25
Total: $37.75, Price Per Wear (PPW): ~$10

My ten cents #6: Although I stress frugal finds, I think it is okay to splurge once in awhile and make an INVESTMENT in something. Depending on what you can afford, it is okay to spending a little more than usual on an item just as long as you do not use the same principle for all of your purchases. Your investments will definitely pay off in the long run with their price per wear!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

My photo
Growing up, I spent most of my time going on scavenger hunts with my mother from thrift stores to garage sales in search for something fab for practically ten cents. Now that I am a broke college student, I'm putting what I learned as a child back into practice and I would love to share my ten cents with you.

My Ten Cents Vocabulary

Price Per Wear (PPW): The cost break-down for a garment depending on the amount of wear it has. If a piece of clothing cost you $5 and you wear it 5 times, then it cost you a dollar each time you wear it; however, the more you wear it, the "cheaper" it gets.
#SSP: a developing project that uses culture as an outlet

Influenster