021013: Sophisticated Sunday

Happy Lunar New Years, y'all! In the spirit of New Year's, I felt a little festive and decided to deck out in some red. I went into the little itty bitty details too-the buttons on the blazer are red as well!
 
I have this unhealthy obsession with BLAZERS. They just make a whole outfit instantly sophisticated! I came across this one not too long ago, and I fell in love with its details. You can't see it, but the trim on the collar and the pockets are made of velvet. I feel super elegant and old school with it. Now you know that I also have an unhealthy obsession with little details...yikes.

Vintage patterned blazer--Garage Sale: $1
Forever 21 deep red dress--Forever 21: $10
Black patterned leggings--Again, I found this randomly in my closet...I bet my mom put it there.
Connie Wingtip Oxford Heels--Ecothrift: $10
Coach black hobo bag--Mom's closet: FREE
Total: $21, Price Per Wear (PPW): ~$4

My ten cents #7: I feel like this is redundant, but it's so important that I need to reiterate: HAVE AT LEAST ONE BLAZER IN YOUR CLOSET AS AN ESSENTIAL. Blazers are not expensive if you look for them! They instantly make your shabby look into something sharp. I love putting them on when I'm having a bad day because I can look good without putting in the effort. This works for both genders, so you don't have an excuse! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

My photo
Growing up, I spent most of my time going on scavenger hunts with my mother from thrift stores to garage sales in search for something fab for practically ten cents. Now that I am a broke college student, I'm putting what I learned as a child back into practice and I would love to share my ten cents with you.

My Ten Cents Vocabulary

Price Per Wear (PPW): The cost break-down for a garment depending on the amount of wear it has. If a piece of clothing cost you $5 and you wear it 5 times, then it cost you a dollar each time you wear it; however, the more you wear it, the "cheaper" it gets.
#SSP: a developing project that uses culture as an outlet

Influenster