How I Wear It: Holiday Lookbook

Hello my loves! If you are in need of some last minute holiday outfits inspo, then I totally gotchu! One of my favorite things about the holiday season is that I have an excuse to flaunt a fancy schmancy outfit that has been tucked away in my closet for some time. I rarely buy new clothes for the holiday season because I like to put my PPW to use! With that being said, I'm sure that you can find the perfect holiday outfit with your pre-existing wardrobe with a bit of faith and a lot of imagination. I hope this post helps you stimulate some ideas!
 
 
For outfit #1, I went with the oh so obvious red ensemble. This is probably the easiest way to dress up for the holidays. I absolutely adore lace, so naturally, I wore a red lace maxi dress that I bought from Ross for $15. Since the dress has a nude lining, I paired it up with my nude Steve Madden heels that I found on thredUP.

For outfit #2, I went with a classic LBD. If you are not a huge fan of color like yours truly, then you cannot go wrong with an all black number. I wore a very simple Bebe black dress with a darling sweetheart neckline covered with mesh. It also has an open back, which is always a good thing in my books! I always get my PPW with LBDs because a bit of accessorizing goes a long way - let it be a statement necklace, different hairstyle, or in this case, Kimchi Blue toe-capped wedges from Urban Outfitters.

For outfit #3, I went with a two piece ensemble just in case you're not as obsessed with a one piece look as I am. Here, I wore a laced-up crop top from Windsor and a pair of high-waisted, flare bottoms that I picked up from a garage sale for a quarter. Lastly, I wore my Forever 21 heels for some much needed help in the height department.
 
My Ten Cents #48: Again, I highly encourage you all to go on a mini treasure hunt within your closest; you may find a gem...just in time for the holidays!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

My photo
Growing up, I spent most of my time going on scavenger hunts with my mother from thrift stores to garage sales in search for something fab for practically ten cents. Now that I am a broke college student, I'm putting what I learned as a child back into practice and I would love to share my ten cents with you.

My Ten Cents Vocabulary

Price Per Wear (PPW): The cost break-down for a garment depending on the amount of wear it has. If a piece of clothing cost you $5 and you wear it 5 times, then it cost you a dollar each time you wear it; however, the more you wear it, the "cheaper" it gets.
#SSP: a developing project that uses culture as an outlet

Influenster