011813: Fancy Friday

My favorite day of the week is hands-down, Friday!  
In spirit of Fancy Friday, I whipped up this beauty.
  
I found this baby in my mother's closet, and you have no idea how thrilled I was when I saw it. I have been searching for a stripe shirt similar to the one Louis Tomlinson from One Direction (my favorite band!) always wears. I know they are pretty common, but I am not ready to spurge like $20 on them. What I like most about this shirt is that it was my mom's shirt, so it has some sentimental value to it.
 

  Finity Stripe Shirt--Momma's closet: FREE
Deep purple Versace Jeans--Aunt's closet (hand-me-down): FREE
Connie Wingtip Oxford Heels--Ecothrift: $10
Dooney & Bourke Handbag--Garage Sale: $15
Total: $25, Price Per Wear (PPW): ~$6

My ten cents #1: NEVER SACRIFICE A FORTUNE FOR FASHION AND VICE VERSA. I am here to tell you that you can have it both ways!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

My photo
Growing up, I spent most of my time going on scavenger hunts with my mother from thrift stores to garage sales in search for something fab for practically ten cents. Now that I am a broke college student, I'm putting what I learned as a child back into practice and I would love to share my ten cents with you.

My Ten Cents Vocabulary

Price Per Wear (PPW): The cost break-down for a garment depending on the amount of wear it has. If a piece of clothing cost you $5 and you wear it 5 times, then it cost you a dollar each time you wear it; however, the more you wear it, the "cheaper" it gets.
#SSP: a developing project that uses culture as an outlet

Influenster