013013: Tenacious Tuesday

 It has been awhile since I posted something up, and I apologize for that matter. I have been swamped with school work and extra curriculums, but I'm pushing through! Much thanks to those who checks this blog frequently, and I find it so cute. Tehee :)

The weather has been surprisingly warm, and I'm really digging it especially because I get to fulfill my ten cents numbero 4--mix-matching winter and summer clothes! As much as I don't want to admit it, I have way too many clothes and my closet is rather small...my folded clothes are dispersed all over my room. I tell myself to separate and store clothes that don't fit the current season to make space; however, I fail to separate anything because all clothes work for any season!

 Summer dress+fall sweater+winter toggle coat=<3 My favorite trend as of now is definitely the layering of sweaters. I typically don't layer it with dresses, but I like how it makes the outfit casual, but a wee bit fancy; it is also very versatile!
GUESS plaid dress--Auntie's closet: FREE
Aeropostale white sweater--Garage Sale: $0.25
Black Leggings--Ross: $5
Old Navy toggle coat--Old Navy: $10 (It was on clearance from about $40!)
Coach brown replica handbag--Garage Sale: $2
Brown boots--Ross: $24 (It is a wee bit pricy compared to my usual buys, but def worth it for PPW)
Total: $41.25, Price Per Wear (PPW): ~$6

My ten cents #4: LAYER LAYER LAYER and MIX MATCH YA SEASONAL CLOTHES TOGETHER! Get the most out of your clothes by using it all year round. Not only does it lower your PPW, but it also gives depth to your wardrobe and style. Adding or taking away a garment or a piece of accessory really makes a difference in the way you express yourself. Dressing up or down never got so easy!
**Again, thank you so much for checking this blog out. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to message or comment below. I love getting feedback and constructive criticism. Also, if you have any tips for me about being thrifty, please let me know! <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

My photo
Growing up, I spent most of my time going on scavenger hunts with my mother from thrift stores to garage sales in search for something fab for practically ten cents. Now that I am a broke college student, I'm putting what I learned as a child back into practice and I would love to share my ten cents with you.

My Ten Cents Vocabulary

Price Per Wear (PPW): The cost break-down for a garment depending on the amount of wear it has. If a piece of clothing cost you $5 and you wear it 5 times, then it cost you a dollar each time you wear it; however, the more you wear it, the "cheaper" it gets.
#SSP: a developing project that uses culture as an outlet

Influenster