012313: Wimpy Wednesday

 Wimpy Wednesday is right; I never felt so weak. This sickness is killing me alive, but surprisingly, I'm actually in a good mood, so I'm motivated to post something today; it's probably because my parents are extra caring today. :) Anywho, with today's rain, I surely did not wear this outfit. Honestly, I wanted to put an outfit together utilizing my sleep-sweater because 1) I'm lazy and 2) it's part of my ten cents numbero 3! I would totally wear this though. This sweater is actually a hand-me-down from my little brother!

 Oh, and an extra note, when you feel like your outfit is a little bland, add some bling! I love love love accessories; they are so versatile and extremely cheap to find.

Arizona denim vest--Garage Sale: $1
Ralph Lauren navy sweater--Little Brother's closet: FREE
Gap white shorts--Ecothrift: ~$4 (It was brand new with a tag, so it was $15 originally; however it was on the 75% off color tag--wooot!)
Dolce & Gabbana grey replica handbag--Garage Sale: ~$3-5
Gap navy oxfords--Gap Outlet: $4
Necklace--Garage Sale: $1.25
Total: ~$15, Price Per Wear (PPW): ~$4

My ten cents #3: SEIZE THEM HAND-ME-DOWNS REGARDLESS OF GENDER, SIZE, AND ETC. The beautiful thing about clothing is that they are made out of fabric. If the garment is too big--resize! If the garment is too small--take the scraps and make something new with it such as a scarf. If worse comes to worst, preserve the buttons! Ultimately, my advice is to reuse and recycle. Oh, also...ladies, check out the boys/men sections when shopping; that's where the hidden gems are!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

My photo
Growing up, I spent most of my time going on scavenger hunts with my mother from thrift stores to garage sales in search for something fab for practically ten cents. Now that I am a broke college student, I'm putting what I learned as a child back into practice and I would love to share my ten cents with you.

My Ten Cents Vocabulary

Price Per Wear (PPW): The cost break-down for a garment depending on the amount of wear it has. If a piece of clothing cost you $5 and you wear it 5 times, then it cost you a dollar each time you wear it; however, the more you wear it, the "cheaper" it gets.
#SSP: a developing project that uses culture as an outlet

Influenster