Haul: '15 Outfits (thredUP Collection)


Hello, cuties! Woaaaah, I haven't posted anything since last year! Hehehe. HAPPY (OH SO BELATED) NEW YEAR'S, LOVES! I cannot think of a better way to ring in the new year than to show y'all a compilation of (20)15 outfits that I'll be flaunting this year! 2014 blessed me with my discovery of thredUP and the following beauties, so I thought I should do a homage to my favorite online thrift/consignment store.

New Year's resolution? MORE PRICE PER WEAR (PPW), OF COURSE!

If you are at all interested in getting some goodies similar to the following, then check out my previous review on thredUP for more deets. For first-time customers, you are eligible for $10 off your first purchase with my referral code. (You may score a free item using it!) Help a sista out while helping yourself! You can then share the love by referring your personal code to others! I was able to score all of following items with my referral credit plus some. Suppppa sweet deal that is definitely seize-worthy! Carpe Diem!

Before I continue with the usual program, I would like to apologize for taking forever with this post and for the not-so-amazing quality. I totally underestimated this post, and you would think that I learned from my Rainbow Tag not to attempt more than 6 outfits. I just thought I should start the year out strong given a broken tripod and battery-less remote control. Oh, self-timer, it has been a long time. Regardless of my excuses, I hope this post was worth waiting for! School, of course, comes first, but I hope to make progress with my blog this year! As always, please be kind. <3

1. Silence and Noise Heavy Jacket
Outfit: Forever 21 maroon fedora ($10 via F21) // Silence and Noise heavy jacket ($8.76 via thredUP) // Bebe bodysuit (FREE via Aunt) // Coach belt ($0.50 via garage sale) // Forever 21 high waisted jeans ($17 via F21) // H&M burgundy boots ($15 via H&M) //
 
I am currently heads-over-heels with this jacket because it lives up to its name. It's definitely heavy and super duper warm with its fleece lining. The extra lining around the collar is the best!
 

2. Jack. by BB Dakota Cocktail Dress
Outfit: Headband (FREE via flee market) // Claire's necklace ($2 via Claire's) // Jack. By BB Dakota cocktail dress ($11.60 via thredUP) // Madden Girl heels/pumps ($2 via garage sale) //

My picture does not do this dress justice! It actually has a super cute criss-cross-mesh-cut-out on the back. Since the dress is simple in the front, it's very easy to dress it up and down. I typically dress it down when I go to school with a cardigan, but I would throw on a pair of heels and jewelry to spice it up for a special event.


3. Bebe Jumpsuit, Forever 21 Mesh Heels

Outfit: Bebe Jumpsuit ($29.60 via thredUP) // Forever 21 Mesh Heels ($7.60 via thredUP) //
 
If you are following my Instagram, then this outfit would look very familiar! I actually took a picture of this exact outfit awhile ago while unboxing an order. I was way too excited to put together a blog post, so I snapped a shot and threw it on Instagram. 
 
This jumpsuit pretty much screamed out my name when I saw it. Along with the cut-outs in the front, the jumpsuit has a criss-cross cut-out on the back as well. As for the heels, this pair is definitely my favorite out of my collection... which is ridiculously large.

4. American Eagle Outfitters Top, 3/4 Sleeve
Outfit: Prescription glasses ($10 via Glasses Shop) // American Eagle Outfitters Top ($5.20 via thredUP) // INC white denim (FREE via Aunt) // Cooperative canvas backpack ($? via Urban Outfitters) // Converse (FREE via Mom) //

This is pretty much what I wear to school. Comfort is my absolute priority when it comes to school outfits, but I would wear a pair of heeled boots once in awhile. Unfortunately, no pumps or wedges on school days. Converse is the next best thing. What I love about this AE top is that it could totally pass as PJs, so I'm glad that the silhouette is appropriate for public wear.

5. Silence and Noise Jumpsuit
Outfit: Miss Me Kaftan ($4 via Goodwill) // Silence and Noise jumpsuit ($12.49 via thredUP) // Coach leather bucket bag (FREE via Mom) // Dolce Vita loafers ($35 via TJ Maxx) //

A jumpsuit with cut-outs? Nothing new here, hehe. It has pockets though! My other jumpsuits lack pockets, so by default, this jumpsuit is thee best.

6. Lauren Conrad Blouse, 3/4 Sleeve
Outfit: Lauren Conrad Blouse ($6.99 via thredUP) // Forever 21 boyfriend cardigan ($14 via F21) // F21 circle skirt ($5 via F21) // Candie's chunky boots ($0.50 via garage sale) // F21 necklace ($2.50 via F21) //

It's hard to give the cold shoulder with this supa cute Lauren Conrad top. thredUP is awesome for trying out new brands because the price is so reasonable that the risk is worth it. I gave LC a try because all of her clothes are so pretty, and I was thoroughly surprised by the quality. I saved LC as one of my favorite brands on thredUP.

7. American Eagle Summer Dress
Outfit: American Eagle summer dress ($11.99 via thredUP) // Lines and Dots quilted jacket ($15 via Threadsence), Bowler hat with DIY flower crown ($2 via EcoThrift) // Forever 21 necklace ($2.50 via F21) //

I was obsessed with maxi dresses during the summer, and this was my go-to dress. I love the mermaid silhouette as it flatters my flat chess and hides my muffin top. It may be a summer dress, but I can easily dress it up for a night out with my quilted jacket that I'm crazy about.

8. Estam Long Sleeve Blouse, XXI Heels/pump

Outfit: Blazer ($? via Target) // Estam Long Sleeve Blouse ($6.49 via thredUP) // XXI Heels/pump ($8.99 via thredUP) // INC white denim (FREE via Aunt) //

Business in the front and party in the back? Naaaah, business up top and party down low because that's how I roll. Hehehe. :P

9. Under Skies Jacket
Outfit: Under Skies jacket ($19.99 via thredUP) // Forever 21 crop sweater (~$5 via F21) // Forever 21 circle skirt ($6 via F21) // Knee-high socks (FREE via garage sale) // Oxford heels ($10 via EcoThrift) //

Research was in my favor. I looked up this brand since I was unfamiliar with it. Surprisingly, thredUP underestimated the original price. Apparently, it retailed for $119.00 on Piperlime when it was in season. I call this a steaaaaaaal.

10. Topshop Sleeveless Blouse
Outfit: Topshop sleeveless blouse ($10.99 via thredUP) // Flared dress pants ($0.50 via garage sale) // Kimchi Blue wedges ($10 via FB) // Jessica McClintock clutch ($9 via TJ Maxx) //

Fun fact: I borrowed the flared dress pants from my mom. Thanks momma for passing down your great style to me... hehehe. :P

11. Kendall & Kylie Long Sleeve Top
Outfit: Kendall & Kylie long sleeve top ($9.49 via thredUP) // UNIF leather dress ($20 via Threadsence) // Naturalized laced up boots ($0.50 via garage sale) // Coach vintage leather backpack ($2 via garage sale) //

If you are small enough to fit junior size, then don't forget to seize that department on thredUP! Junior sized clothing is usually cheaper than adult sized clothing! I was super stoked to see this Kendall & Kylie crop top on thredUP, especially because it was sold out on PacSun when I originally wanted it.

12. Forever 21 Sandals
Outfit: Vintage acid-washed denim jacket ($2.50 via church rummage sale) // Astr top ($0.99 via EcoThrift) // Pins and Needles high waisted shorts ($10 via Urban Outfitters) // Claire's necklace ($2 via Claire's) // Forever 21 Sandals ($6.99 via thredUP) //

Another addition to my cut-out collection! Yay!

13. Wyatt Dress Shorts
Outfit: Forever 21 button up ($10 via F21) // Bebe bodysuit (FREE via Aunt) // Wyatt Dress Shorts ($7.49 via thredUP) // Nine West pumps ($0.50 via garage sale) // Jessica McClintock clutch ($9 via TJ Maxx) //

Again, research proved that thredUP underestimates the retail price. According to BlueFly, it retails for $150, and it is currently on clearance for $38.50. thredUP, you are too good!

14. Pins and Needles Casual Dress ($11.99)
Outfit: Pins and Needles Casual Dress ($11.99 via thredUP) // Bowler hat with DIY flower crown ($2 via EcoThrift) // Sam Edelman Xila heels ($5 via Goodwill) //

Cut-out + A-line silhouette = happy Diem! Again, little black dress are great for dressing up and down. I actually wore this dress to UVSA Summit Gala awhile ago with some flashy jewelry, and I felt quite fabulous. Tehee. :)

15. Tobi Romper
Outfit: Forever 21 floral maxi dress ($20 via F21) // Tobi Romper ($21.99 via thredUP) // Kimchi Blue wedge ($10 via FB) //

My ten cent #41: When people ask me how I find deals, I say that you need a lot of practice and some luck. When it comes to garage sales, I typically go once a week consistently. As for thrift stores, I typically go once a month. For thredUP, I visit the site at least 3-4 times a month. Have trust in the process and never give up. Consistency is key!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

My photo
Growing up, I spent most of my time going on scavenger hunts with my mother from thrift stores to garage sales in search for something fab for practically ten cents. Now that I am a broke college student, I'm putting what I learned as a child back into practice and I would love to share my ten cents with you.

My Ten Cents Vocabulary

Price Per Wear (PPW): The cost break-down for a garment depending on the amount of wear it has. If a piece of clothing cost you $5 and you wear it 5 times, then it cost you a dollar each time you wear it; however, the more you wear it, the "cheaper" it gets.
#SSP: a developing project that uses culture as an outlet

Influenster