How I Wear It + Review: CampusVoxBox via Influenster

Before I start this review of the good, the bad, and the ugly, I wanted to thank Influenster for giving me this opportunity. I always wanted to receive a VoxBox, and the "campus" edition was right up my alley! Not only are the items keeping me looking and feeling good through out the quarter, but they are also prepping me for summer (school). Haaaa.

Although I received the product free for testing purposes, I am going to be brutally honest with my reviews.

JERGENS Natural Glow Instant Sun Sunless Tanning Mousse: $12.99
This was the big ticket item out of the CampusVoxBox, and unfortunately, I won't be able to milk it out as much as I would like to. I'm naturally dark-skinned, so the last thing I need is a tan. However, I gave this product a try on my inner forearm where my skin is relatively light. From that bit of exposure, I can confidently say that it works. One layer of this product will give you a nice sun-kissed glow that mimics a natural tan. The color is definitely not orange, so it's safe! Oh, also, the product has an odd chemical smell; I am sure that other tanning products smell like this too, but it's not my cuppa tea. With that being said, I would hate to see this product go to waste, so if you are at all interested in giving this product a go, then let me know! Tell me why you deserve it, and it's yours! I would like a review from you in exchange.

St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub: $3.99-$4.49
My my, Influester, you have impeccable timing because I just finished my third tube! I love this stuff; it smells amazing (I'm a huge apricot/peach fan, so I may be biased.) and it works wonders as an exfoliator. I have mild to severe acne, so I don't see much of a difference with my blemishes when using this product, but I have heard of great success stories from those with light acne. It's definitely worth the try, and if anything, it leaves your skin feeling silky smooth. The directions allow everyday use, but I use it every other day just because my skin gets irritated easily.

L'Oreal PARIS Advanced Straight System: Shampoo and Conditioner-$4.99 each, Treatments-$6.99
It's such a shame that I have naturally straight hair because I wanted to see if this system works. The system has three steps: shampoo, pre-condition, and condition. The only thing that I can say about this product is that it smells amazing.
 
Softlips Cube: $3.49
I was most excited about this item out of my CampusVoxBox. I am a huge Softlips fangirl, and I used to collect all of their lip balms because they smell so good. This new design reminds me of EOS lip balm, but I prefer Softlips' version a lot more. Honestly, I never understood the hype of EOS lip balm. The Softlips Cube has a super smooth texture; it's hydration, and it glosses! How cool is that?! I typically wear this underneath my layer of lipstick, so my lips don't look too chapped. The only thing that I don't like about this product is the particular flavor that I got. I got this product in "Fresh Mint" and it reminds me too much of floss and toothpaste. I would repurchase this in a heartbeat, but in a fruity flavor like Pomegranate Blueberry or Strawberry instead.
 
SOUR PUNCH Rainbow Straws: $1.29-$1.59
Please tell me that you have tried this product before. If not, then you must try it! This product is actually my go-to candy because it has a nice balance between sweet and sour. My favorite way of eating this is to eat two straws at a time to create a "new" flavor. It's like a party in my mouth! Hehe.

SOUR PUNCH PUNCHIES: $0.89-$1.29
This product is a bit new to me, but it's very similar to the Rainbow Straws. It has the same flavors as the other product, but the experience is different. It goes from sweet to sour, unlike the Rainbow Straws where it all happens at once. You literally cannot go wrong with either one.


Alrighty, I hope this review helped you in making or not making a future purchase! Feel free to ask me any specific questions about the products that I mentioned because that's why I am here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

My photo
Growing up, I spent most of my time going on scavenger hunts with my mother from thrift stores to garage sales in search for something fab for practically ten cents. Now that I am a broke college student, I'm putting what I learned as a child back into practice and I would love to share my ten cents with you.

My Ten Cents Vocabulary

Price Per Wear (PPW): The cost break-down for a garment depending on the amount of wear it has. If a piece of clothing cost you $5 and you wear it 5 times, then it cost you a dollar each time you wear it; however, the more you wear it, the "cheaper" it gets.
#SSP: a developing project that uses culture as an outlet

Influenster